Frequently Asked Questions
The most important place to start is your cemetery of choice. While we are familiar with most Tri-state area cemeteries and can assist you, it is important to determine any regulations that will limit your choices in a monument, such as height or area limitations.
At Rico Monuments, we are ready to walk through the process with you. Give us a call or stop by anytime during our office hours and we will be happy to assist you in choosing the right monument for yourself or your loved one.
Several factors come into play as it relates to how long it takes to get your monument in the cemetery. The range can be from four weeks to six months or more. Here are some things to consider.
- Weather is usually the biggest factor. Very wet ground can prohibit us from setting a solid foundation.
- Choice of granite. While we stock many types and colors of granite at Rico Monuments, choosing a stone that needs to be shipped can add substantially to the delivery date. If a stone comes from overseas, it can take up to six months.
- Custom graphics and additional engravings (such as the back of the monument).
As stated above, there may be some guidelines set forth by your cemetery of choice, but that notwithstanding, the options are limited only by your imagination. From stone choice to size and graphics, Rico Monuments can handle all requests. Here are some things to consider.
- Full Names, nicknames, maiden names
- Birth and death dates, places of birth or death
- Photos either etched, in porcelain, or bronze plaque
- Flower pots or vases
- Bronze plaques and embellishments
- Engraving on the back (easier to locate in the cemetery)
- Favorite verses, poems, or quotes
- Memorial lights
- Special shapes and/or carvings
- Benches or other seating
It is always best to prepare with any major decision in life. But with funeral arrangements, it can mean a reduction in anxiety for your loved ones. Taking care of this ahead of time will help alleviate some stress while your family grieves. It can also save on the costs, as anything purchased with today’s money provides a hedge against future inflation.
4608 Rossville Blvd
Chattanooga, TN 37407
PHONE (423) 821-0804
FAX (423) 821-5018
Phone (423) 821-0804
Fax (423) 821-5018
Monday - Friday 9am - 5:30pm
Saturday 10am - 4pm
For your convenience please call (423) 821-0804 for an appointment time not listed.