Frequently Asked Questions
Often the first question following a bereavement, but at Rico Monuments, it opens the door to many possibilities, and starts you on the path to your complete satisfaction in choosing just the right monument for yourself, or your loved one.
The most important place to start is your cemetery of choice. While we are familiar with most Tri-State area cemeteries and can help you with this, it is important to determine any specific regulations that will limit your choices in a monument, such as height or area limitations.
Several factors come into play as it relates to how long it takes to get your monument or stone sign placed at the cemetery or your business. The range can be from four weeks to six months or more. Here are some things to consider.
- Weather is usually the biggest factor. Very wet ground can prohibit us from setting a solid foundation.
- Choice of granite. While we stock many types and colors of granite at Rico Monument, choosing a stone that needs to be shipped can add substantially to the delivery date. If a stone comes from overseas, it can take up to six months.
- Custom graphics and additional engravings (such as the back of the monument)
As we stated above, there may be some guidelines set forth by your cemetery of choice, but that notwithstanding, the options are limited only by your imagination. From stone choice to size and graphics, Rico Monument can handle all requests. Here are some things to consider.
- Full Names, nicknames, maiden names
- Birth and death dates, places of birth or death
- Photos either etched, in porcelain or bronze plaque
- Flower pots or vases
- Bronze plaques and embellishments
- Engraving on the back (easier to locate in the cemetery)
- Favorite verses, quotes or poems
- Memorial lights
- Special shapes and /or carvings
- Benches or other seating
It is always best to prepare with any major decision in life. But with funeral arrangements, it can mean a reduction in anxiety for your loved ones. Showing you cared enough to spare them some stress while they grieve is a legacy for which you will long be remembered. It can also save on the costs, as anything purchased with today’s money provides a hedge against future inflation.
4608 Rossville Blvd
Chattanooga, TN 37407
PHONE (423) 821-0804
FAX (423) 821-5018
Phone (423) 821-0804
Fax (423) 821-5018
Monday - Friday 9am - 5:30pm
Saturday 10am - 4pm
For your convenience please call (423) 821-0804 for an appointment time not listed.